Taking into consideration the guarantee of Health and Safety of the workers and third parties, the company applies a system of managing Health and Safety at Work to all its installations and those that it manages. The system complies with OHSAS 18001 model, certified by Moody’s InterTek and covering all the activities of the company.
DESFA commits itself to provide the essential resources aiming at:
1. The incorporation of parameters that concern the health and safety of its employees in its daily decisions
2. The prevention and avoidance of accidents and occupational illnesses.
3. The establishment of aims and objectives and the application of management programs for the continuous improvement of the records of its operation concerning health and the safety at work.
4. The conformity to and, if possible, the overlapping of the requirements set by the legislation that concerns the OHS.
5. The awareness of personnel, customers, suppliers and its constructors on subjects that concern the health and safety at work.
6. The benefit of providing the essential training to its personnel and the permanent consultation with them on subjects that concern health and safety.
7. The continuous control and improvement of the application of Management Systems for Health and Safety at Work in its units, and the continuous improvement of the relevant records of its installations.
8. The follow-up of the development of new technologies that improve the levels of safety and health, aiming at their adoption.
The company decides on its policy and course of action according to the international best practices, and it makes sure that they conform to the Serveso II requirements concerning the development of a Prevention Policy for Serious Accidents, where applicable, and the development of a Management System for Health and Safety.
The Policy for the Occupational Health and Safety is written down, updated and notified to the employees, and it is available to any third party interested.
DESFA is a major participant of the European Campaign for “Safe Maintenance Work”, by activating/stimulating its personnel, its partners and the local communities. It also a participant for the development and establishment /introduction of the network of the “Associations of the Representatives of Major Authorities and Institutions”.
National Information Focal Pole on OHS
The company has introduced an annual training program, mainly including subjects such as First Aid, Emergency Plan, Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting, and ATEX Zones. The program can be expanded to include subjects such as Basic Work Dangers, Deactivation, Seclusion/Isolation, Signing, etc.
The training applies to all people working also at the company’s premises.
The company uses every procedure required in order to ensure occupational health and safety during all the stages of the projects, from planning to completion, and it conducts both scheduled and unscheduled audits at the end. The main goal is to fully meet its high standards.
Joint preparedness exercise was held between DESFA SA TLS SOUTHERN GREECE, EPA ATTICA and FIRE BODY codenamed “KYKLOPAS 2011” on 20/06/2011.