The new regulation for polyethylene gas network distribution with a maximum pressure of 4 bar (1530/19.10.2006 Gazette issue B) appoints DESFA as a Certification Authority of polyethylene (PE) welders for all projects produced in our country. The extensive experience of the DESFA management team involving the construction of High, Medium, and Low Pressure Natural Gas projects, the organization, and operating principles, ensure a high level of certification process and help to improve the quality of projects. The Department of Inspection and Certification is responsible for conducting the examination of certification.
Polyethylene (PE) Welders Certification Procedure
The following supporting documents are required for the examination:
- Application form
- Curriculum Vitae (C.V.)
- Copies of previously issued Certifications (if any)
- Two color passport size photos
- 200€ examination fee (payable at the examination place)
The assessment includes the following subjects:
- Theoretical examination
- Construction of a specimen
- Pneumatic testing of the specimen
- Destructive testing of the specimen
- Fill out the specimen construction and testing record (weld log),
on PE pipes and fittings welding, and PE – metal connections in accordance with procedure ,--QA 004 and 1530/19-10-2006 Gazette issue B, Decision No -3/A/14715.
The Welders Certification applicants that,
- belong to a construction company and are going to work on distribution networks and/or customer service lines, submit their application to the corresponding EPA of that region, and with its turn EPA forwards the applications to DESFA
- Belong to a construction company and are going to undertake DESFA’s projects, submittheir application to DESFA
- Are private contractors and are going to work on NG piping on buildings on which they will use PE pipes and fittings, submit their application to DESFA.
The validity of the Certificate is 18 months. DESFA will monitor the quality of welds performed by certified welders on regular checks, during the Certificate’s validity.
ADDRESSES & PHONES